Written by Robyn T. Braley
Businesses feel pressure to leap into the world of social media. Don't get me wrong, if your company is not active on social media, time is passing. The question is, "Where do we start?"
In this series, I go back to the basics to provide knowledge that will help you make the leap. All platforms - FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogging - require content. In this post, I explain what it is and why content is the engine that drives social media. My goal is to help you to choose content that is relevant and will provide value to your digital communities.
Social media is central to online communication and relationship building.
- Increase company awareness
- Build tangible online communities
- Promote company activities
- Position your company within the community
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and within circles of influence
- Attract new customers.